Sunday, January 9, 2011

And...Cue the Chelsea Dagger

I know it might be boring to some people when it comes to watching a good hockey game. I get it. Most fans thrive on the suspense of a close game.

But I have to say...I love me a solid shutout. Especially when its MY team that doing the shutting. Take that visiting team, and don't come back! Ha!

Went to the Hawks game tonight with the husband and the in-laws. Though they are struggling a bit this year after trading/losing so many Stanley Cup Champion players, they are still doing well for a young team in the midst of training more than a few newbies. Nice to see those players getting some ice time, and the rookie goalie is absolutely crushing it. I have to say that I was very skeptical and more than a little upset when we lost so many players this past summer, but you can't stop the evolution of a hockey team, I guess. I am new to this sport (been watching steadily for only the past three years), but have learned a lot, and have come to appreciate the intricacies of building a great team.

The 1961 Stanley Cup Championship team was also honored in a ceremony tonight, and that was fantastic to see. Most teams, no matter the sport, don't always recognize the dedication of its previous players, and I'm glad the Hawks have made the effort to include former players and their families whenever possible. It's not a requirement in the NHL, it's just a damn classy thing for the administration to do.

I guess mighty Hawks can be classy ones, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment