Monday, January 11, 2010

I promised myself I wouldn't...

But I've gone and gotten myself sick already. I thought I'd at least hold out a couple of weeks. In any event, I've started some minor classroom management this week. It's going...ok. I don't expect the kids to pay any particular mind to me at this point, but I've begun to assert myself, and I think, with a little practice on my part, they'll understand that I'm just as much a teacher to them as Mrs. B., and that they should treat me with the same amount of attentiveness and respect.

I've also decided that I would like to introduce this class to the Muppets at some point during my 4-month stay. I can't understand how these children don't know what a Fraggle is. Such a travesty. I think I'll probably suggest it as a Friday movie or some such thing. And...I think I'm going to push for Muppets in Space, at least it's a bit more current. Although, I'm not sure if the Muppet movies are G-rated, if not, I'm afraid my quest to introduce Muppet culture to the third grade will be in vain. As a related sidenote, I'm still mildly bummed that I couldn't find cheap figures of the Electric Mayhem to adorn my wedding cake.

I think I'm in need of some serious Kermi-therapy to ease my achy bones, so I'm off. Man, I tried so hard to shield myself from disease during this whole student teaching thing. Ah well. I guess better earlier than later...

No comments:

Post a Comment